Welcome to my blog

Welcome to The Literary Pig's blog - a safe haven for all those afflicted with
the unbearable urge to write.

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Pulchritudinous - word of the day

I'm quite happy to confess that I regularly come across words I don't know.  When I do then I reach for my beloved Oxford Illustrated Dictionary.  In today's Daily Mail I read a brief filler in which Angelina Jolie was described as Brad's "pouting and pulchritudinous partner".  Okay, trotters up if you know what pulchritudinous means.  Really, wow I'm impressed.  I had to look it up.

Pulchritude: Beauty.

Either the filler writer was having a tedious day or they were just having fun with their thesaurus.  Probably a good word to file away in the memory banks if you're a crossword fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment