Welcome to my blog

Welcome to The Literary Pig's blog - a safe haven for all those afflicted with
the unbearable urge to write.

Monday 8 April 2013

Shaggy Dogs and Chocolate

Helen over at Blogaboutwriting is running another of her fun short story competitions, and I do mean short as the maximum word count is 250 words. For full details then click here. If you plan to have a go then do read the rules carefully, as you must include several words chosen by Helen. Followers of Helen's blog know she is soon expecting a happy delivery, her new spaniel puppy - which explains the 'shaggy dog' theme of the competition.


Did you enter ChocLit's Winter Short Story Competition? (Rumoured to be their last.) The Indoor Writer subbed a story, but didn't make the shortlist. She shouldn't complain, as she was the lucky winner back in November for the Summer competition. The results are out and you can read Tracey Glasspool's winning story 'The Secret Ingredient' here. Have to confess it made me blink back a few tears. Tracey has also been doing well in the weekly Write-Invite competitions and clearly has a talent for capturing the voice of younger characters. The Summer story is still on the website too.

10 comments:

  1. I shall have a read of that now, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have a quick look at that comp, Tracy. I didn't enter the ChocLit comp but I do remember your excellent winning story in the previous one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen's competitions are always fun Rosemary.

      Delete
  3. I plan to try Helen's competition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the winning story. Such a simple tale(we had a saying when I was little about putting 'cuddle dust' in drinks when someone was poorly) that manages to be sentimental but not soppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sound of 'cuddle dust', think we can all do with some of that Julia :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the links Tracy! Edith xxx

    ReplyDelete